The SFI standards and payment rates that will initially be available this year have been confirmed as follows:
Arable and horticultural soils standard:
- Introductory level paying £22 per hectare
- Intermediate level paying £40 per hectare
Improved grassland soils standard:
- Introductory level paying £28 per hectare
- Intermediate level paying £58 per hectare
- Introductory level only, paying £10.30 per hectare plus additional £265 per agreement
- There is an additional payment of £6.15 per hectare for common land with its own agreement.
Further levels and standards will become available as the scheme develops, and an annual review expected in the autumn.